Did you know you can easily write to your MP via this link: https://www.writetothem.com/
If you need some inspiration, feel free to browse our collection of MP Letter Templates
Don’t forget to include:
- How fireworks affect you, your loved ones, your pets, your neighbours
- Facts and figures on how often they occur
- Specific questions, especially if this is not the first time you have contacted them
- Ask them what they will be doing to address your concerns
Ideas for questions to ask:
- The government believes that most people use fireworks at appropriate times
- When do they consider is an appropriate time
- What evidence do they have to prove their belief?
- The government say it is a balance between those that like fireworks and those that don’t. They believe we are a minority
- How have they come to that calculation? And how is 365 days a year a balance?
- Have they asked the question “Do we want restrictions?” …………or have they again gone on ‘their belief’ with NO evidence?
- How many people have to be suffering before we become more important (comparably) than back garden fireworks out of season? Do you have a figure in mind?