If you are planning a fireworks display for your event, and would like to take a more conscientious approach, please consider the following:
- Are fireworks really, really necessary? Could you watch fireworks at an organised display instead, and spend the money saved on your party?
- Check to make sure there are no animals living nearby, eg farms, animal sanctuaries or nature reserves.
- Use quiet or silent fireworks
- Plan your event to occur on the main date that fireworks will be expected (eg Sat 5 Nov)
- Contact your neighbours to let them know in advance, so that they can prepare
- Follow the usual safety advice given by the government
- Make sure you are aware of the law regarding safe distances, from the fireworks themselves, from the highway and from protected (domestic and farm) animals.